COVID-19 testing is now available through Garcia Lab. Specimen can now be collected in the Multi-Collect Specimen Collection Kit. The test code in CareEvolve is COV19. TAT is approximately 1-2 days.
**OROPHARYNGEAL OR NASAL SWAB
- Discard disposable transfer pipette; it is not required for nasal or oropharyngeal swab specimen connection.
- Remove the sterile swab from the wrapper, taking care not to touch tip or lay it down on any surface. Do not pre-wet the swab.
- Collect patient specimen per CDC guidelines.
- Handle the cap and tube carefully to avoid contamination, including the outside of the transport tube and cap. If necessary, change gloves.
- Unscrew the transport tube cap and immediately place the specimen collection swab into the transport tube so that the white tip is down.
- Carefully break the swab at the scored line on the shaft; use care to avoid splashing of contents.
- Recap the transport tube. Ensure the cap seals tightly. The cap must be tight or leakage may occur.
- Label the transport tube with sample identification information. It is recommended that each tube be placed in an individual, sealable bag prior to transport.
- Place the bio-hazard bag upright in the foam provided, inside the shipping boxes (paperwork and Multi-Collect can be placed with other bloodwork sent that day)
- Specimen is good at room temperature 48 ours after collection.
If you have any questions at all regarding collection or shipping process please do not hesitate to call. Please call 1-800-888-8598 and speak to Brenda LaChapelle, Nick Kraeuter, or David Garcia.